Monday, February 13, 2012

BAR BOUNCE


BAR BOUNCE
F E B R U A R Y  2 0 1 2
Here we are right in the middle of the great American desert, Palm Springs. Sparkling like a rhinestone in the sun, Palm Springs shines with rainbow brilliance. It is gay and semi glamorous with a rich history of Hollywood mischief. Often referred to as a small pond, this desert was home to some pretty big fish. Names like Bob Hope, Frank Sinatra, Sonny Bono, Lucille Ball, Desi Arnez, Robert Wagner and Natalie Wood to name a few historic ones. Newish names include the designer Trina Turk, Suzanne Sommers and Barry Manilow. The names are iconic and so is the weather. Patrick and I now dive into the Palm Springs bars.

AZUL 369 North Palm Canyon Drive Palm Springs 760-325-5533

M A R K  S A Y S :
There is no better patio bar in all of Palm Springs. Malcolm the bartender is warm welcoming and pleasant. The ever present owner Georgie assures that everyone has a top notch experience. It was the perfect day, sunny in the 70’s with low humidity of course. The setting was just magic. The food was even better. Seated at the bar I was relaxing with some Ketel One Vodka, friends and a Buffalo burger with goat cheese, it was heaven. I only wish the afternoon had lasted longer. I give Azul thumbs up and a Jimmy Buffet smile.

P A T R I C K  S A Y S :
Well, like Mark said it was a beautiful sunny day therefor there was only one thing I should be doing and that was “To Get A Tan”. That said when Mark wanted to go meet friends at Azul I Kindly declined. The sun would wait for no one. We agreed that Mark would bring me back a Roast Beef Burrito.  Well after lying in the Sun for more than 90 minutes, I was getting very hungry. I called Mark to tell him that I was starving and I was heading his way if he was not already on his way home. He told me that he just ordered the Burrito and if I wanted to come I needed to do it quickly. I pulled on shorts, a tank top and flip flops and I was there just in time for my lunch. While there I also ordered 3 of their Azul Lemonades (the adult kind of course) after seeing them made for another customer. They were very good, as was the Burrito and
the first rate service.  We frequent Azul every time we are in Palm Springs, Thus making it our second favorite Drinking Hole.  A Hole in One for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment